Week 14 Lab

 This week I have chosen to do a story lab instead of writing a story. I have chosen the first story lab, "Learn about Microfiction."

I have never read or written microfiction before, so I went into this story lab with minimal expectations. However, I found myself really enjoying it and was sad I didn't explore this earlier in the semester to potentially work more with. Reading through some of these tiny tales inspired me to consider actually writing some microfiction for week 15!

I guess you could consider some of my project "microfiction," specifically "Ther Mermaids' Revenge" section because there I include some mermaid myths, however, they are a bit different from microfiction for sure because they flow with the main story as well, the main story is mainly there to provide context to these small stories. But what I have worked with is very different than a lot of what I just read, so I experienced a new type of reading when going through these. 

I really like this style of storytelling. It is very succinct and to the point, and I feel as if having such a small word limit really makes the words being said that much more meaningful and pushes the writer to do more with less. I feel like that really allows them to blossom creatively. 

Personally, I liked the Tiny Love Stories the most out of everything that I read. I liked that the first one I clicked on was not romantic love, but rather a familial love. 

("Azalea pink heart valentine flowers" by ForestWander.com, Web Source)




Comments

Popular Posts