Week 8 Reading and Writing

 It's week 8! We're halfway through the semester!

Looking back on the work I've done thus far, I'm really pleased with how this class is going for me. The assignments are working out great, and because I started working ahead, I'm able to do the work on my time and don't feel pressure to be working on it all the time. It has really eliminated the academic stress I often feel when in school, which I appreciate.

I am definitely still happy with my blog and project website. I spent a little bit more time designing the two in the beginning so I'm still pretty satisfied with how they currently look. I changed up the cover photo on my website already but that's because a lot of the artwork that is related to mermaids, my project topic, fits a certain aesthetic, one very similar to the image below. 


This image does not feature mermaids, it is actually from my reading notes for the Cupid and Psyche unit, but it is the same style that a lot of the best (in my opinion) mermaid paintings. 

In terms of the writing I've done in this class, I'm pretty happy with it. Being a STEM major I don't often get a creative outlet in terms of writing, so this has been very refreshing and it gets easier and less intimidating each time I do it. My reading notes are a huge help when rewriting the stories, I've actually found it pretty difficult to write for my project in comparison to writing the weekly stories because I never have any notes for those. 

Looking forward, I may start making some reading notes for the stories I feature in my project because that seems to help a lot when I am rewriting the story.

Comments

Popular Posts