Week 8 Comments and Feedback

 The feedback I have received so far has been super helpful! I think because I'm working so far ahead I haven't gotten to the point in the semester where I've received a lot of feedback, but what I have received has been great. The most helpful comments are the ones with a lot of questions. Those help me fill in the gaps a bit and highlight the elements that are the most confusing to the reader. I think those comments help me the most when trying to have more clarity as an author. 

I think I've been leaving effective comments for others. I try and do what I personally find most helpful as someone who receives feedback, so point out a lot of what confuses me as a reader in hopes of it helping the author the same way it helps me. I've also gotten really inspired for my own stories when analyzing others' writing!

With many of my classes being online this semester, I feel like this class's format of getting to know each other through blog comments has been very nice. Each time I read a new introduction I feel like I get to know a new person. I'm happy with my own introduction post and feel like my blog is a pretty good reflection of who I am, so I do feel like it provides a space where people can get to know me. 

I think going forward, I would want more people to ask questions and get curious when giving me feedback because that's what I find most helpful. When giving feedback of my own, I think I really need to emphasize this more as well. 


I chose this image because I feel like it's very important to be open to accepting criticism from others and be willing to evolve based on the feedback you receive because it is in that way that you can truly grow as an author.

Comments

Popular Posts