Week 2 Reading Overview

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Adam and Eve

Week 4: Cupid and Psyche

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Life of the Buddha

Week 6: Arabian Nights

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Japanese Mythology

Week 9: Chinese Fairy Tales

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Blackfoot Stories

Week 11: Hero Tales

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: King Arthur 

Week 13: Robin Hood

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14:Ashliman 

Week 15: Crane

I chose many of these units due to familiarity, I took a Pre-Modern Japanese Literature Class last semester so Buddhism is something I'm familiar with yet excited to read more about, as well as Japanese Mythology. However, there are a number of units I also chose that I haven't heard of before that piqued my interest. I'm unfamiliar with Native American mythology and folktales so that one was difficult for me to choose but I knew I wanted to learn more about a specific tribe, I read a little bit of the Blackfoot unit and the battling of monsters intrigued me, thus my reason for choosing it.


I chose this image because of my excitement for weeks 5-6, it's also a gorgeous image.

Comments

Popular Posts