Favorite Place

Wilmington, Vermont. Currently, while I reside in the college town of Norman, Oklahoma my brother is currently living in Wilmington, Vermont, making a living as a snowboard instructor. I have visited a handful of times, once in the Fall and numerous times in the Winter. Every time I visit, I am in awe of how beautiful it is. As we drive from the airport to his cabin, we pass through the thick greenery of Vermont, all of which is coated with a layer of white snow.



("Too Early" by Nicholas Erwin)

This is paralleled when skiing down the top of the Mount Snow, where the siting of the beautiful white trees is taken for granted at the moment due to the abundance of them. However, upon reflection, the beauty is taken for what it is: extraordinary. The scenery of the snow covered trees paired with the qaunt tourist town at the bottom of the mountain creates a feeling of magic. The combination makes me feel as if I exist in a space outside of my current reality, as if I'm in a snowglobe town. 



(Wilmington, Vermont: Wikimedia Commons)

I love this place and I cherish every moment I spend here, even if the sun sets at 4:30 P.M. in the Winter. 


Comments

  1. Ha ha, I love the idea of a "snowglobe town" -- that sounds wonderful, Bailey! And I've never been to Vermont, but it is a place I am very intrigued by. Some of my favorite online friends live in Vermont, so I figure there must be something good about that place if so many people whom I like and admire have made that their home. I hope I will get to maybe visit there someday and see for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts